Library Membership Conditions
1. All NHS, social care staff and students on placement within Essex can register for membership of the Library. Members of private companies and other NHS areas undertaking courses run by the Trust may also join for the duration of the course.
2. Staff joining the library should complete a membership form and produce their ID badge or a form of identity to prove their employment.
3. Registered users are allowed to take up to 8 books out for a period of up to 4 weeks. Books will not be issued without a library card or some form of NHS ID.
4. You can renew books online, by phone, or in person. It is not possible to renew an item if someone else has requested it. We reserve the right to recall books at any time.
5. In addition to Library Rules, items borrowed from other libraries may be subject to conditions imposed by the lending library, including the possibility of a charge.
6. Users with outstanding fines for overdue books will not be allowed to borrow items and access to all other library services will be restricted.
7. Users must pay for lost, damaged or non-returned items and outstanding fines. Invoice or deduction from salary may be issued by the Director of Finance for the full replacement cost. Additional fees may be incurred & payable by you if the matter is referred to a debt agency.
8. Members who repeatedly abuse their privileges will be barred from using the library and its resources, including electronic.
9. Failure to return library material on completion of a course may lead to the withholding of a qualification certificate.
10. Users must comply with the copyright law when photocopying or scanning material.
11. All users of network information must abide by the rules set out in the Trusts Information Governance Policies & Procedures.
12. All material requested via the library catalogue ELMS is subject to copyright law and the CLA/NHS copyright agreement. When requesting material you agree that it will only be used for non- commercial research or private study, and that to the best of your knowledge, study has made or intends to make a no other person with whom you work or study has made or intends to make a request for this item for substantially the same purpose.
13. Any material supplied electronically can be downloaded and printed only once and then deleted. It cannot be photocopied and circulated nor supplied to another person by any other means.
14. The library does not accept responsibility for personal property left in the library.
15. Users are required to treat the staff and the library with respect. Should any incident be reported, the matter will be pursued with the appropriate authority.
16. You must notify the library as early as possible of any change of name, job title, address, or other contact details.
17. The library reserves the right to close at times other than those published.
18. Library borrowing rights may be withdrawn or restricted at the discretion of Library Managers.
*For details of the library’s User Charter, please ask at the counter*
I agree to abide by the Library rules and regulations and agree that the personal data above and records of my library use may be shared with library staff in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. I understand that my information may be accessible to library staff at other NHS and partner organisations within the shared library management consortium to enable loans of other libraries' materials. I understand that my data will not be shared with any third party.