Virgin Care Staff in Essex
Virgin Care staff based in Essex who are undertaking courses of study can join Basildon Healthcare Library. To check if you are eligible please contact Karen Wilson, Regional Education Lead/Clinical Tutor - TLE.
As a library member you can…
- Borrow books from any of 21 NHS libraries in the East of England network
- Have an NHS Open Athens account to access core NHS e-resources including major healthcare databases such as MedLine and CINAHL and e-journals. Resources available
- Request books and articles that you can’t find anywhere else
- Request an evidence search
- Book any of the training sessions available at Basildon which are advertised on this website under Training.
- Sign up to KnowledgeShare current awareness service
- Use the library space to study
You can register using this form and email it back to us.
You will be given a library card, which will be needed each time you borrow, renew or return items. We ask users to read and abide by the conditions of membership listed on the form.
PCs in the library are not connected to your Virgin Care network hence cannot be accessed. If you wish to use a PC in the Library for general work please ask a member of staff.
To register for an NHS Open Athens account please select Basildon & Thurrock University Hospitals Foundation Trust as your organisation and then ensure you have Virgin Care in the address field. This ensures you get assigned to the correct resources.