Home > Training > Finding The Evidence
Finding the Evidence
Finding the Evidence is available for specific staff groups/teams/departments and can be embedded in your department training programme or booked as a stand-alone course, perhaps as part of a departmental training day.
This workshop is accredited for 3 CPD points by the Royal College of Anaesthetists and The Institute of Biomedical Science.
To enable participants to search NHS databases for relevant evidence and research confidently and efficiently.
- That participants can develop a search strategy for their topic of interest
- That participants can use the PICO framework to formulate clinical questions and key concepts/words
- That participants are able to search using both keywords and subject headings
- That participants understand how to use Boolean operators/ combining words to construct searches.
- That participants are capable of refining a search using limits or broadening a search
- That participants are aware of and can use the different functions of the HDAS interface, i.e. saving searches/clipboards
- That participants know they can transfer and use the searching skills learnt in other information resources.
- Basic computer experience (keyboard and mouse skills)
- Basic Internet experience (familiar with typing in web addresses, clicking on links, using back / forward buttons)
- An NHS Athens username and password
Register for an NHS Athens account here.
Liz Hunwick, Library Services Manager at Basildon Hospital, Tel: 01268 524900 Ext 8272
Agi Hajnal, Clinical Librarian and Library Lead at Colchester Hospital, Tel: 01206 742146
Ayo Ogundipe, Library Services Manager at Princess Alexandra Hospital, Tel: 01279 827021
For more useful information about evidence based medicine and critical appraisal check out our Helpful Websites.